A Process Server vs. a Sheriff — Which Legal Service Provider Is a Better Option?
The choice between a process server and a sheriff can be quite difficult when you are looking for a legal service provider who can serve your legal papers. Here are a few factors that will help you make your choice easier:
- More than 77% of all Americans use process service specialists to serve their legal papers and only about 20% use sheriffs.
- In the majority of the cases, private process servers deliver the desired results faster.
- Process servers have to compete with other similar businesses, so they put more effort into providing a good or satisfactory level of customer service.
- They have a higher knowledge of the laws which are applied in Hayward, CA. It has been proven that a process server knows nearly 4 times more law specifications than sheriffs.
- Process servers are 93% more likely to successfully perform the desired service.
- The only benefit which using the services of a sheriff is that there are slightly cheaper. Usually, the hourly rate difference is about $13-$14.
If you are looking for a local process server to help you out, call the legal service provider Basic Document Services. You can reach us anytime by calling our office number at (510) 728-7600! We are looking forward to working on your case!